As part of our commitment to achieving the principles of health and safety in our workplace, we recognise our moral and legal responsibility to provide a safe and healthy work environment for workers, contractors, customers and visitors. This commitment also extends to ensuring that our operations and activities do not place the local community or environment at risk of injury, illness, contamination or damage.
Safety is our primary concern for our people, with the installers on the worksite having total control over their worksite. They will have the power to stop the job and then reassess the situation, instead of needing to call the office for permission.
We are committed to environmental improvement and prevention of pollution. We will achieve this by working with our customers, suppliers and the community. We recognise our moral and legal responsibility to ensure that our activities, products and services are designed to protect and enhance the environment in the communities in which we operate.
We recognise that the primary duty of care to provide a safe workplace rests with management, who will be accountable for the implementation of this policy.
These responsibilities include –
- ensuring that all WHS policies and procedures are implemented
- establishing measurable objectives and targets to ensure continued improvement aimed at the elimination of work-related injuries and illnesses and
- providing adequate resources to meet these WHS commitments
We will aim and objectify procedures to:
- provide and maintain healthy and safe workplaces, safe plant and systems of work
- ensure compliance with legislative duties and current industry standards
- provide such information, instruction, training and supervision to workers, contractors and customers as is necessary to ensure their continued health and safety and
- provide support and assistance to workers and involve them in consultation on safety issues.
All personnel will be properly accredited for the machinery that they operate and any online or onsite inductions that are required will be completed before work commencement.
Elix Tanks takes seriously its responsibilities for the environment at large, as well as its responsibility to its workforce, contractors and clients for the provision of a safe working environment.
Quality workmanship and management is also a high priority for all at Elix Tanks.